Monday, November 23, 2015

quick notes

Hello:
Just a few quick notes:
What I have been watching/listening to/ attending:
1. JESSICA JONES!!!!  omg so so so so good.  It's really dark, and a bit creepy, but it is really really well done.  I am only on episode 5 because I just can't marathon it.  It's not creepy/scary like The Walking Dead.  It is just really intense.  I've been watching one episode, then watching something lighter like:
2. Master of None.  SO SO SO GOOD, but in a completely different way.  This little show on Netflix by Aziz Ansari is just wonderful. It is funny and thoughtful.  He tackles topics like the experience of being the child of  immigrants, relationships, and so much more in a mature but incredibly funny way.  There are only 10 episodes.  I hope so much that they do a second season.
3. Parks & Recreation.  I tried this show a while ago, but didn't really like it.  My kids convinced me to get beyond the first season.  Like so many shows who have trouble finding their footing with season 1, this show figures out what they are doing by Season 2, and now (I'm in Season 4) it is just a very funny show.  It has such a positive spirit and comedy with a good heart.  I know I am not doing this show justice, but so often comedy is snarky or has a mean edge.  Not this show.  I laugh until I cry sometimes, but I always feel good about the characters and their relationships with each other.

4. Reading/Listening to Dead Wake: the Last Crossing of the Luisitania.  Well told with lots of interesting history to put the sinking of this ocean liner by a German U-Boat into perspective. Throughout the story, you can't help but feel the inevitable doom facing the passengers as they sail towards their deaths.

5. Attending: My Fair Lady at the Village Theatre in Issaquah.  I went last Friday night with my friend, Mariel, from my school.  It is a wonderful production.  The leads were terrific, the orchestra was great.  The costumes were some of the best I've seen there.  This is one of my all time favorite shows, and this is a first rate production.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet in the Pacific Northwest

No comments:

Post a Comment