Thursday, November 19, 2015

FO's

Hello:

I have finished the 3 sweaters that I'm knitting for my little nieces who live in Tucson, AZ.  I took a plain raglan sweater design, Child's Classic Raglan Pullover by Jane Richmond as the base, and added a crocheted lace collar to each sweater. 
Then I added embroidery.
For the magenta sweater,

 I added a rosebud and 3 leaves of the chain stitch to the left sleeve.
For the pink sweater,

I added a stem stitch line that wanders around the waist of the sweater.  There are chain stitch leaves randomly placed, and some chain stitch flowers in magenta.
On the purple sweater,

I embroidered a line of feather stitch up one of the sleeves.  I added French knots, and straight stitch flowers.

By the way, the pattern is well written, and easy to follow.  If you want to make a first top-down sweater, this is a good choice.  It is free, has sizes 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 years, and has a short row back neckline so the sweater dips lower in the front than in the back.  It is a simple, plain raglan, but you could easily add lace, or cables, etc. to this basic pattern if you wanted to.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with embellished knits.

No comments:

Post a Comment