Friday, March 30, 2012

Tutorial For Corkscrew Square Multi-Color

2012.03.30

Hello!  f1beristas,

This is a short, finished round post of a multi-color version of Suzetta Williams  of Suzies Stuff  wonderful Corkscrew Square.  This is the 6 in. square for the 2012BAMCAL group on Ravelry.  It is a wonderful, quirky, creative square.


I have a detailed tutorial a few posts back, if you want to check that out.  Here I will just post photos of the finished rounds, and how I attached the color changes.


Round 1

Finish with ss, and cut yarn.



Round 1


Round 2

 Begin with ss in any sc.














Finish with ss in bottom of first chain.  Do not change color.

Round 2




Round 3

Finish with ss in bottom of first ch 6.  
Change color.












Round 3


 
Round 4
Do NOT ss up the first ch 6. Instead, attach new color with ss on the top of any spiral in a ss.













Finish with a ss in first ss.


Round 4


Round 5
no changes

Round 5
 

Round 6
no changes


Round 6


Round7
no changes
Finished Square
Round 7




Where in the World is f1bercat?


As I head south towards Oregon, I have hit a stretch of Washington that is very foresty and beautiful, but kind of empty!  So I am stuck on the side of the road again.  But, since I am focusing my knitting-while-riding more on keeping a 12 mph speed, rather than watching the mileage or time, I was able to knit 8.19 miles in 36 minutes today!  My goal was to hit about 7.5 miles.  I am very happy with my knitting.


I have reached a total of 131.93 miles knitted.



View Larger Map



Here is my total progress to date:



View Larger Map



Enjoy the new square!


yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet one multi-color corkscrew square at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment