Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Progress 5.25.11

Although I don't have a new photo to post, I am almost (about 5 rows to go) finished with the center section of the latest square for James's afghan .  I think (knock on wood) that this is my very first error free square.  It is by far the hardest I have attempted.  For me, knitting is like math.  I can only learn by doing.  Often, as I'm reading directions, I am totally confused.  But as I follow them, step by step, stitch by stitch, they become clearer.

I did follow my "schedule"  for the last 2 days.  I am trying to knit each morning for 1 episode of  Buffy. 











I worked on my puppets
I took the 3 finished main bodies.  Stuffed the heads:
then cinched in the necks, and wove in all the threads. :
Wow, that took the whole episode.  Yesterday, I worked on the first arm.  I haven't crocheted in a while, and I kept losing a stitch as I spiraled around.  Also, my yarn is a bit larger than the recommended yarn, so I think the arm is just too big.  The end part seems really big.
It is supposed to look a bit like a hand, and for my puppet, the hand is as big as the arm!  I think I am going to take the hand part out, and alter the pattern a bit to make it smaller.That took a whole episode.  At this rate, I will finish Buffy before I finish these puppets.

Just to make my finishing each project even slower, I have started a 3rd project.  I am totally enjoying reading various knitting blogs.  On Wendy Knits, Wendy has started a "mystery shawl."  I don't really wear shawls.  I am more the jeans and t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweater, type.  But, it looked like fun.  So, I have decided to knit a long. She is releasing the pattern bit by bit. 

We are supposed to use sock yarn and, of course, I couldn't find sock yarn in a color I liked at my local Jo Ann's.  I don't have a close LYS (Local Yarn Shop). So I chose some yarn that is almost sock yarn. I'm using Patons Silk Bamboo in Orchid.  Wow, it is soft and lovely to the touch.  I have finished the set up (casting on 241 stitches, and knitting 2 rows), and 1 row of the pattern. 
I will have to knit like crazy to catch up because I started a week late.  I will try to not be worried about that, though.  There is also a group for this shawl on Ravelry.com Ravelry:Forums.

Enough said.  Back to Buffy, and row 2.

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment