Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Progress 5.10.11


Although I had to drive way too much yesterday (Luke's Physic's AP Exam was noon - 4), when I was supposed to be parked outside the Moore Center waiting for Eva, I still managed to reach the 5/6 point on the new square for James's afghan.  I'm so excited.  One of the best things about this square, other than the cool reversible part, is that the simplicity of it is allowing me to just knit it, knowing what comes next by looking at the actual knitting, and not having to constantly refer to the pattern.  This is one of the things recommended in Knitting for Dummies 

 
but I have found it difficult to do.  Obviously, being able to SEE the pattern in the knitted piece will make me a much faster knitter. =)

I just want to say, as far as figuring out how to "monetize" this blog, I just learned now to make that link for the Knitting for Dummies book. 

And on the Sheep Puppet WIP, I have finished the first part of the single sides, broken the yarns, reattached to the other sides, and am half-way up those.  I was looking ahead a bit in the pattern, and the ram's horns are to be stitched flat, then sewn together around the pipe cleaners.  I know how to make a simple cord, and I'm wondering if that would be faster/easier/look better?  For some reason, I hate the final stitching part of construction.  Samantha's afghan sat in completed squares in a bag in my room for 3 years before I got around to stitching it together.  I don't know why I just can't follow the pattern's instructions, though.  It's like with cooking, I am far from an expert, but I just have to monkey around with the directions/recipe. 

Another work in progress is the Giselle shirt for Luke.  I have it cut out and on the sewing machine.  When I finish this post, I have to get started sewing it.  James's was deemed too big, so it must be altered.  I will try a simple alter of the shoulders/arms.  If it looks horrible, I might just buy more material and make James a new one.  Honestly, tearing it apart will take forever with all that gathering...

I just don't know what I will do next year if I have to actually get a job.  I am loving this life of knitting, writing, walking and playing Aion.  If only it paid.

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment