Monday, April 10, 2017

Something small yet wonderful followed me home from Whidbey Island

 

Hello:  I'm on Spring Break, doing my taxes, but as you can see from the photo above, I have a new spinning wheel!  I ordered this beautiful little Pocket Wheel from wood artist Jon McCoy more than a year ago at the Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat.  The wood is natural cherry (you can choose from 3 different woods).  I also have a wooly winder, though Jon told me to practice without it at first until I felt comfortable with the wheel.  I haven't spun since January, so it was good advice.  I practiced treadling smoothly, and can now ... mostly... start and stop and change direction with only my feet.  My old wheel is an Ashford Traditional with a single pedal, so using both feet is new.  I'm planning to do a Spinning OWL for the HPKCHC for Spring Term, so I will try to make myself spin every day to really get familiar with the wheel.  I have tons of fiber, and need to start using it up!

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a new spinning wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment