Saturday, January 9, 2016

St. Distaff's Day

Hello:
Today was the annual St. Distaff's Day Spin in in Lake Stevens with the Northwest Regional Spinners Association.
We arrived at 10 am sharp to set up our spinning circle.
The market opened at 10:30 and I broke my yarn/fiber diet to buy three braids of fiber from Huckleberry Knits.  I absolutely love her colorways, and have knit many pairs of socks with her yarn.  Two of these braids are Polworth/Silk blends, and the other is Merino/Silk.  I have never knit with a silk blend before, so I am excited to try it.

By noon the place was full and, well, spinning.

BlueBerryMary joined us for her first time at St. Distaff's Day.  She was wearing her newly finished Barley.
I also won one of the door prizes, a skein of naturally brown alpaca yarn.  It is super squishy!
I managed to get quite a bit of spinning done, in spite of all the visiting with friends.  Some of the people I saw were Wajio and BlueWolfWalking (we carpooled), ReadnitDream and Anuwizard, JessicaRose, WireKnitter, and Jenniluigi.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with new braids of gorgeous fiber!
The Market packing up at the end of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment