Thursday, June 19, 2014

Wednesday Meet up for Eastside Stitchers

Hello:

One of the fun things about meeting at Crossroads in Bellevue is that we support our local businesses by eating dinner there.  Ok, we are not showing what one of the Jr. Eastside Stitchers had for dinner (sweet potato fries), we are showing off new teeth!

I missed the Wednesday meet up last week because I was frantically knitting my last round of Sock Madness socks and was just too exhausted.  It was lovely to get together with the group tonight.  I brought the "swatch" I am knitting for the Steeking Class that Vanesa Polo is teaching on Monday evening (6:30 pm Crossroads Community Room) for the EKG (Eastside Knitters Guild).  More on that swatch, later.  But, who also made it to Crossroads for some knitting and company?

CathieC was also working on a swatch for the steeking class.  Vanesa has given us a few different suggestions for swatches to learn this technique.  We can knit a simple flat stockinette swatch, we can knit something in the round, we can knit something in the round with colorwork.  She has even provided the guild with a simple colorwork pattern as a possibility.  I can't wait to see just the swatches people bring.

Wajio brought some faux colorwork socks.  Super pretty yarn colors.


JulieMustKnit is working on a cowl/scarf.  The pattern and yarn are from Country Yarns, and she got them on the 2014 North Puget Sound Yarn Crawl last month.


 GwenS has started the first arm of the lovely Barley sweater she is making for the gorgeous Addie.  Hurry up!  Addie is growing up so fast, she will be knitting soon, too.
WireKnitter had a couple of projects.  I managed to get a photo of our Tour-de-Sock Stage 2 Socks.

I have yet to cast on a pair of the TdS socks, but since Stage 3 will start soon, I will once again be knitting socks.

I can't wait.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with knitting friends with dimples.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment