Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Stuck on You

Hello:

I have a file folder on my computer named "Sunrise and Sunsets"  where I tend to put any photo taken from my deck of the lake, mountain, hills and skies.  This morning, the photo really was a sunrise.  We have had some really weird weather for Spring in the Pacific Northwest, and by that I mean...Sunshine.  We don't have curtains or a shade on the french doors to our bedroom which opens out on the deck and faces East.  When there are no clouds, I wake up with the sun.  I woke up at 5 this morning, and had to try to get a shot of the reddish haze over the Cascades.  There weren't enough clouds to have a real red sunrise, but the sky just glowed a bit.  It was a beautiful way to wake up.

One of the things I like most about the Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup is that I have learned to finish as I go.  Since I am making snowflakes for my OWL this term, I need to keep up on stiffening them. 

Tonight I took the snowflakes I have hooked so far and blocked them.

First I made some 6 pointed templates, put those on my blocking mats (children's play mats) and covered them with some plastic wrap.

Then, I made a mixture of 1/2 white glue and 1/2 water.
I soaked each snowflake, wrung them out, and pinned them to the mat.
I have no idea how long it will take for the snowflakes to harden.  I need to keep up on this, and make sure I stiffen whatever I make every week.

The next thing I need to do is steam and fill the Christmas Balls.  Well, Ball.  So far I have only finished 1.  I thought they would take about 2 hours or so each, and well, the first one took about 6 hours...  I hope I get faster.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with sticky hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment