Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Crazy Busy Day

But I wanted to post photos of the YOTH (Yarn On The House) yarn that I bought at the Eastside Knitters Guild meeting last night.
I woke up, or rather was woken by the phone at 7 am.  I was called in to substitute for the Spanish teacher at Skeinherder's school.  By the time I had showered, eaten some yogurt, and headed out through a surprising amount of morning traffic (though I didn't need to take the freeway to this school), I was 15 minutes late.  Ugh!  but I can only go when they call, if they call me late, I can't get to the school on time.

I supervised (I can't really say I taught) a Spanish 1A class.  I have never taken Spanish, but, since I grew up in So. California, I know a bit.  Ha ha ha and if I get stuck, I just switch to French.

After the first class, I had a 3 hour break.  I went to the cafeteria, and with 3 cups of coffee, I spent the rest of the morning knitting a sweater for my soon-to-be new great-niece.

Then I taught 2 more beginning Spanish classes, and one advanced class.  The students were great, and I discovered that I actually know more Spanish than I thought.

I rushed home to take photos of the YOTH yarn for the blog, ate an early dinner, and headed out to BC to tutor two new students.  I didn't finish that until 9 pm.  Wow, it is almost 1 am, and I am so tired.

But back to the YOTH yarn.  I bought the fingering weight since I hope to make socks from one of the skeins.
I haven't knit any socks for Doc this year, and he does love hand knit socks.  I thought this beautiful dark gray would make a lovely pair for him.

The other skein of fingering I bought is a greenish gray.  I plan to donate this to Gryffindor for the HPKCHC.  This yarn can only be bought at Tolt, so this rare yarn would make a nice prize.

I wish I had knitted my stash down more, because I wanted to buy some of the Big Sister yarn, too.  Big Sister is a Sport Weight yarn.  Oh well, if I am good, maybe I can buy more this summer... or on the North Puget Sound Yarn Crawl.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with 80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon





No comments:

Post a Comment