Saturday, March 22, 2014

High Plains Drifter

Hello:

I finished my High Plains Drifter shawl by Kirsten Hipsky last night.  I finished the knitting at about 9 pm, and soaked it and got it on my blocking mats before I went to bed.
I used two of my blocking wires to make the part that goes around the neck as straight as possible.  I thought of using more wires for all of the ends, to make each section straight, but, instead, I decided to just smooth it out, and leave it to dry.  I didn't want to make it any bigger.  I used about 635 yds of yarn, and it is a nice size.  I didn't even bother to pin it.  I just laid it out on the blocking mats on our dining room table, and went to bed.

When I got up this morning, this is what I saw.
Let's not forget that the cats are NOT allowed on the dining room table.

Anyway, I wore the shawl out tonight to dinner and the Village Theatre.  It looked great.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a new shawl.



No comments:

Post a Comment