Saturday, December 10, 2011

Advent Calendar Scarf Day 10 December 10, 2011

So I stayed up late last night and knitted the first 4 rows of  garter stitch, then about 1/3 of the bead row before I decided I was just too tired and was worried I would drop a stitch if I didn't stop.  Then this morning I played my game, Aion, but when we had waiting parts, I worked on the beads a bit more.  So when we stopped at about 1:30 pm, I just had the last 3 rows of garter stitch on the spacer section, and the life line to put in, and I could start the Day 10 pattern.

Well I am happy to say this pattern is only 20 rows with no repeats.  Really, I am super tired.  My family is not really cheering me on, as I wish they would.  I mean, if I were running a marathon, wouldn't they be there, encouraging me to keep at it?  This scarf is the knitting equivalent of a marathon for me.  I have been thinking about ways to make it all a bit easier, but I think I will save that for a final wrap up debriefing sort of blog on December 26 maybe =)  Assuming I stick with it.



O!  one other thing I did while playing was to sew in the ends on my Osier Socks by Nicole Masson.  They are too tight for me, I knew 64 stitches would be cutting it close, and I tried them on in the ribbing stage, and they seemed fine.  I mean the pattern said it was "super stretchy," but they are  not.  It's really too bad because I LOVE THEM.  They are gorgeous.  The pattern is gorgeous.  The yarn is gorgeous (Cascade Heritage Sock Yarn).  They are too small. Here they are on the blockers:



 And with Selena helping model them:



Ok, 4:33 and I'm on Row 5  GET KNITTING.

9:45 and I have finished today's pattern and eaten dinner!

here is the close up of the pattern:

The scarf is now too long for my little table:

 So I laid the full scarf out on the floor:


at Day 10 it measures about 26 " unblocked:
ok, it's upside down, but you get the idea.

I will now get to weave in the yarn for the Mystery Sweater I knit for the Sharing Our Gifts Across America Group on Ravelry

Good night!  15 Days until Christmas.

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment